Truss Design Manager at BuilderUp
Posting ID: 190115.1
Do you love truss design? Do you enjoy teaching? Are you looking for a challenge? Is it thrilling for you to watch someone you have mentored reach new heights? Then keep reading!
BuilderUp is a building materials supply company with two retail locations and a manufacturing location. Our mission is, “To provide structure. We will rise above the chaos in our industry and deliver the awesomeness our customers crave.” We are seeking a Truss Design Manager who is key to completing our mission at our Owings, MD truss plant.
The Truss Design Manager position is a great opportunity to learn, teach and lead other truss designers in our company. This is an exciting time for us! We are in the process of overhauling our plant setup. Production will need to double and that will have major implications on how and what we design. This a great opportunity to take the design team at BuilderUp in a whole new direction. This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to build something totally new!
All day, every day you will be responsible for overseeing the building of high quality roof trusses and i-joist floor systems. We never want to lose sight of the fact that our customers rely on the work we do to provide protective structure for their families and businesses.
Great leadership leads to great products. This is a job that will test your problem solving abilities, but at the end of day you get to see the fruits of your labor being created.
Some of the duties include:
- Recruit fresh, new truss designers.
- Mentor and teach new and current talent.
- Coach and assist employees to help them perform their job functions more safely, productively, and efficiently.
- Manage and coordinate daily location activities. Resolve operating difficulties and implement resolutions.
- Look for ways to improve productivity and department results.
- Make our customers brag about our awesomeness.
- Reduce chaos everywhere you see it.
Successful performance in this position will primarily be measured by increased consistency in quality of work. Your success will also be measured by improving the work processes. We need you to make us better! This position is not for the faint of heart.
- Character that matches our culture is more important than job skills. We are looking for a positive attitude, reliability, professionalism, initiative, respect, integrity, and an attitude of gratitude.
- Supervisory experience.
- Commercial and residential design experience.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize customer jobs based on multiple factors and set an appropriate pace for design and production.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors and other employees.
- Spanish speaking (preferred).
Software & Proficiency
Working knowledge of MiTek Saphire Software.
Education & Training
High School Education
Apply For This Job