Truss Design Technician at Stark Truss Company Inc.
Posting ID: 190201.1
- Produces floor and roof truss placement plans, truss design drawings and truss quotes using your ability to understand blueprints and customer requirements for specific projects.
- Determine design specifications based on blueprints and structural design needs.
- Review other designers work as part of a double check system to reduce design errors prior to putting paperwork into manufacturing.
- Create shop paperwork that is optimized and batch for efficiency based on equipment used in manufacturing.
- Communicate with customer and sales staff on technical aspects of plans which require clarification from customer, Architect or Engineer.
- Document communication with said parties using excel spreadsheet and saved emails.
- Consult with more experienced component technicians and management when more in-depth analysis is required.
- Plan and pace your own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
- Understand and observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attend periodic safety meetings as required; recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package offered including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k with company match
3+ years of Truss design experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and relevant work experience
- Knowledge of company products sufficient to determine appropriate structural applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous knowledge on Engineered Wood Products (EWP) a plus
Software & Proficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mitek Software preferred.
- Knowledge of drafting, architectural design or CAD applications
Education & Training
- 3+ years of Truss design experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and relevant work experience
Stark Truss Company
Apply For This Job