Posting ID: 181017.1
- Prepares schematic diagrams and detailed section drawings showing interrelated dimensions using industry standards of materials while conforming to project plans.
- Reviews and optimizes designs for most efficient use of materials, equipment, and manpower.
- Investigates preliminary information and data necessary to generate designs.
- Utilizes knowledge of various computer software, AutoCad, Wall Builder, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Interacts with building designers about feasibility, possibilities, and problems that may preclude the completion of a truss package that adequately conveys the architects design.
- Interacts with the sales department regarding the scope of work and to acquire and disseminate information needed in order to provide quality truss design drawings that are within bid parameters.
- Provides backup assistance to builders by answering general questions and reconciling any problems in the condition of the delivered product.
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of field requirements and truss production requirements.
- Understand code requirements and loading conditions as they relate to truss design.
- Knowledge of equipment used in plant and how to produce efficient cutting for same.
- The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings and to communicate with them.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry/trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Attention to detail.
Software & Proficiency
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD programs. Working knowledge of Mitek roof & floor truss design software, Microsoft Office applications and applicable wall panel design/engineering software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, type and use mouse; reach with hands and arms; and talk and/or hear. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment; however, may be needed at a field location due to concerns or issues with a design.
This position does not require travel on a regular basis.
Education & Training
- Associates degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or two (2) to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- TTT Level I Certification and previous design experience in the truss industry preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general mechanical and technical procedures or government regulations in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers whose first language is English.
Apply For This Job