Wall Panel Designer
Posting ID: 190121.1
Gordon Components MI is a rapidly growing company that designs, builds, and delivers Commercial, Residential and Multi-Family structural building components throughout Michigan. Are you a hard-working individual, looking for the opportunity to achieve a successful career in an organization where family and hard work are the foundation of the company. If so, Gordon Components, MI may be a good place for you! We are committed to rewarding skill, perseverance and an entrepreneurial attitude with opportunities for growth.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Holiday Pay, Accidental & Life Insurance
Principal Duties / Responsibilities:
- Wall Panel Designer is responsible for the accurate design of walls and components for single family, multi-family and commercial projects.
- Compiling material lists, producing and generating fabrication drawings for the shop.
- Assists sales and production with design service and troubleshooting
- Optimizes designs for maximum efficiency.
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Team player and supports the Company's goals
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge to field staff when necessary.
- Understands field requirements and constructability of panelized components.
- Attention to detail is a MUST.
- A minimum of two years framing experience or a minimum 2 years experience designing optimized projects utilizing related software such as Intelibuild, Timberline, Mitek Sapphire or Alpine.
- Knowledge of wood framing, hold downs, and structural components typical in wood framed buildings.
- Hands on framing experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in a construction environment.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Strong math skills
- Computer skills/proficiency of the use of Mitek and other business and design related software.
- Successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
- Communicate effectively with others, including customers, peers, and management
- Manage several activities/projects at once, to organize and prioritize work, to meet deadlines, to prepare plans, goals and budgets.
Software & Proficiency
Proficiency of the use of Mitek and other business and design related software
Intelibuild, Timberline, Mitek Sapphire or Alpine.
Education & Training
Minimum high school graduate. Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent
Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in related field/responsibilities.
Hands on framing experience is a plus.
Previous experience in a construction environment.
Apply For This Job